2022 GOING TO THE SUN RALLY
2023 Rally Dates:
September 9TH THRU 14TH
- SEPT 9TH Arrival and Opening Banquet in Bozeman, MT
- SEPT 10TH Departure to Big Sky, MT
- SEPT 11TH Departure to Sun Valley, ID
- SEPT 12TH Sun Valley Loop
- SEPT 13TH Departure to Missoula, MT
- SEPT 14TH Departure to Bozeman, Closing Banquet
- SEPT 15TH Depart
Each participant is responsible for the logistics and costs of shipping their own car(s) to and from the event. Let us know if we can be of assistance in connecting you to others from your area.
We have contracted with a security company to provide security at night in all overnight locations. However, we do need to know in advance of any special requirements regarding your vehicle.
PARTICIPANT TRAVEL INFORMATION
Please make sure to arrange your arrival into the suggested airport:
- Delivery: September 9th - Registration Day (security starts at 6am)
- Pickup: September 14th - Final evening of the rally OR September 15th the following morning (Security ends at 6am)
- Fuel Pump (not a kit)
- Fuel Filters
- Fan Belts
- Points, Condenser, Cap and Rotor, Plugs. If your car has been converted to electronic ignition, please bring points and condenser in case your electronic stuff fails.
- Ask your mechanic if he/she thinks you should carry any spares peculiar to your car.
Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport (BZN) 8.5 miles from our hotel
Note: Advanced transportation reservations are essential.
Shipping SINGLE cars to and from Montana can be a logistical challenge. Because of this, each year we receive requests to know who is in your part of the country so you can buddy up on shipping. We will not share names, emails, or phone numbers without your permission out of respect for your privacy. So, if you would like to work with your fellow ralliers to coordinate transport, please tell us. Once we receive your permission, we'll send an email to like-minded rally members. Also, tell us where your car is located if it isn't being shipped from the address you have given us.
Please arrange for shipment of your vehicles to/from:
Bozeman, Montana: Hotel to be announced
SUGGESTED AUTOMOBILE SPARES
Having a few simple spares can mean the difference between a minor setback and the end of the rally. Our mechanics recommend you keep these parts in your car.
If you bring bulkier spares such as an alternator (or generator) or a starter, our mechanics will be happy to carry those for you.
A NOTE FROM GTTSR SPONSOR CHUBB INSURANCE
Every participant is required to have their cars properly insured according to the laws of the state and /or country of the car’s registration. Please note that some insurance policies may have limitations on mileage or restrict coverage when your car is not parked in a secured garage overnight, driven in road rallies, or while in transit. We recommend that you verify that your car will be covered for a more than 1,000 mile organized multi-day rally event that involves hotel parking lots and commercial shipping. If you need insurance or have questions regarding coverage, our insurance sponsor, Chubb, can assist. Chubb can be reached at 866-227-9648 or at collectorcar.chubb.com.